- Column Internals
- Aluminium Wire Mesh
- Welded Wire Mesh
- Steel Wire Mesh
- Perforated Sheets
- Pipeline Strainers
- Architechtural Wire Mesh
- Pipe Coating Mesh
STEEL WIRE MESH
Woven Wire Mesh
Inquiry or order will process more quickly if you have the following information available when you call.
- Application or use of product (including environment).
- Physical requirements
- ♦ Opening size.
- ♦ Percent of open area
- Quantity (number of pieces, rolls or screens required.)
- Material Type (e.g., stainless steel 304, Carbon steel, etc.)
- Width and Length.
- Wire Diameter (in decimals thousands of an inch)
- Wire opening (provide mesh count for lineal inch or width of opening –clear opening between wires-in inches. Also state if square, rectangular or other type of opening shape.)
- Construction (specify – welded or woven and type weave.)
- Special fabrication (submit drawing for special requirements such us notching, bolt holes, special shape, bending, forming, calendaring, etc.)
- Alternates(delivery may be improved if an acceptable substitute is permitted.)
- Screens: for grading or sizing applications – additional required information:
Size: if ordering more than one screen specification, please list it separately.
Width: state outside hook flange (OHF) or inside hook flange (IHF) measurement of hooked strip or edge style. OHF is preferred. Normal tolerance is +0″-1/2″
Length: include over lap, if required.
Arching: specify or furnish drawing normal arching ranges 1″-2″ (heavy screens maybe difficult to install if not arched)
Lapping: 1″ lap is standard with notched corners, specify if different indicate lap.
If required, giving outside diameter and if welded, type of welded seam
Strip & Hooked Edge Treatment
- Specify hooked edge & strip style desire; refer to hook edge diagrams. Hooks are furnished galvanized unless otherwise specified.
- State lengths of hook strip if not the same as screen length and specified any require notching.
- Standard degree of hook bends 135” outside /45” inside.
- Hook height is measured from top of hook to inside of bend.
Crimps & Weaves
Provides accurate screen openings for life of the screen, Used when plain weave will not hold accurate openings.
Opening are square and wire sizes are the same in both directions, Each warp wire passes alternately over and under Shute wires at right angles both directions. Standard type of weave used for wire cloth.(Sometimes called double crimp).
Used in larger openings with light wire to provide greater stability, tightness of weave and maximum rigidity.
Flat Top Weave
Flat surface improves flow for materials over screen panels by reducing friction. Provides more wearing surface than other weaves. Locking weaves assures accurate openings to provide uniform grating and screening efficiency.
“Sta Clear” aka “Tri lock Weave”
Ideal for working with sticky or wet material that normally plugs square or oblong opening screens. Tri Lock Weave holds wire securely in place yet permits wire to vibrate slightly to keep openings free and at peak efficiency.
Other weaves and crimps are available – please consult your customer service specialist for datails.
Crimps & Weaves
- Stainless Steel
- Plain Steel
- Formed / Plain Edge
Screen for sizing and straining can be furnished by Quality Wire products with any style of edge preparation or hook strip ready for installation into any type of equipment. Often the edges of the screens woven of heavier than. 250” are fabricated to hook into the vibrating frame, similar to Styles M-1 and M-4. However, most screens made of. 250” and lighter wire have a hook strip supporting the edges similar to M-2, M-3 or M-5.Edge treatment, Whether simply bent hooks or hook strips, should be specified when screens is ordered. Absolutely square hook strips enable screens to be kept under greater, more uniform tension. This protects them against distortion and excessive vibration which causes metal fatigue and breakage.
Some shaker screens require a special fabrication to meet all OEM specifications.
|Hook/Edge Type||Recommended Wire Range|
|M-1, M-4, M-6, M-9||.312” dia. And heavier|
|M-2, M-5||.063 dia to 250” dia|
|M-3 or M3C||.054 dia to 250” dia|
|M-7||.192 dia and heavier|
|M-8||.148 dia and heavier|
|Mesh||Wire Dia.||Width||# / SF||Type of Metal|
|18 x 14||.011||36″, 48″||.13||Aluminum|
|18 x 16||.011||36″ , 48″||.05||Aluminum|
|18 x 14||.009||36″ , 48″||.09||SS – 304|
|18 x 14||.022||36″ , 48″||.13||SS – 304|
|18 x 14||.009||36″ , 48″||.09||Epoxy Coated|
For other requirements than shown here, Please contact us. We have Rolls or Cut – To – Length.
Hooks Strips And Edge Styles
All the based on manufacturer’s recommendations. Although it may be possible to put a particular hook style on a wire diameter outside of this recommended ranges, it will generally result in damage to the screen or the machine.
How to install
- Vibrator screen need time to seat into place. Install new screen into partial tension without a load and allow vibrating for a brief period of time to seat proper tension. Loose installation will cause premature breakage.
- Bucker up or crown bar rubber strip should be check every time you change screen-Remember the rubberweares from the bottom of the rails and wear is not always visible.
- Check the size of pieces being installed. Also make sure screens have hook strips parallel. Tension uniformly to maintain screen in parallel.